The first of its kind in North America, the Clever Companion ® Program prepares practitioners to work with their senior clients, to support and enhance their cognitive and mental abilities, using our Worlds Ahead ® Approach.
Worlds Ahead ® Approach Defined
Today’s seniors are more independent and better educated than ever. Women, especially, have achieved career success and have held positions of authority like no generation before. The goal of the World’s Ahead approach is to train practitioners to activate and validate the wisdom and experience of their senior clients, to help them stay engaged as lifelong learners and healthy, contributing members of society.
Delivered online over a span of two months, our Clever Companion ® program covers:
- The World’s Ahead Approach to working with seniors
- The wide diversity within the senior population
- The latest science on cognitive stimulation and brain health
- Ethics and professional practice issues
- Effective communication and group facilitation skills
- Resource building and session planning
- Recruiting clients and building your own practice
Graduates of the Clever Companion ® program will join a community of practitioners, who will share best practices and ever-expanding online resources, regarding cognitive enhancement services for seniors.
They will also receive support from Integra College through an online practitioner listing that identifies their specific areas of expertise. Clever Companions ® will work with their clients one-on-one or in a small group setting (maximum 4 people). By facilitating discovery and discussion on specific subjects of interest for the client, the goal is to challenge and engage the client to remain mentally and cognitively fit.
To qualify to be part of the Clever Companion ® program, student applicants require:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in English (native speaker or minimum CLB 8)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a career involving tutoring/ teaching/ training a skill or academic subject
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Research skills
- Access to the Internet and a computer
The program is $995 USD.