About the Clever Companion Course
The first of its kind in North America, the Clever Companion ® Course prepares practitioners to work with their senior clients, to support and enhance their cognitive and mental abilities, using our Worlds Ahead ® Approach.
Worlds Ahead ® Approach Defined
Today’s seniors in Canada are more independent and better educated than ever. Women, especially, have achieved career success and have held positions of authority like no generation before. The goal of the World’s Ahead approach is to train practitioners to activate and validate the wisdom and experience of their senior clients, to help them stay engaged as lifelong learners and healthy, contributing members of society.
Delivered online over a span of two months, our Clever Companion ® course covers:
- The World’s Ahead Approach to working with seniors
- The wide diversity within the senior population
- The latest science on cognitive stimulation and brain health
- Ethics and professional practice issues
- Effective communication and group facilitation skills
- Resource building and session planning
- Recruiting clients and building your own practice
Sign up to watch our video series, “Be a Certified Clever Companion: Make a Difference”
Clever Companion ® Career Opportunities
Graduates of the Clever Companion ® course will join a community of practitioners, who will share best practices and ever-expanding online resources, regarding cognitive enhancement services for seniors. They will also receive support from Integra College through an online practitioner listing that identifies their specific areas of expertise. Clever Companions ® will work with their clients one-on-one or in a small group setting (maximum 4 people). By facilitating discovery and discussion on specific subjects of interest for the client, the goal is to challenge and engage the client to remain mentally and cognitively fit.
Pre-Qualifications for the Clever Companion Course ®
To qualify to be part of the Clever Companion ® course, student applicants require:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in English (native speaker or minimum CLB 8)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a career involving tutoring/ teaching/ training a skill or academic subject
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Research skills
- Access to the Internet and a computer
The program tuition is $595 Cdn
Clever Companion® Frequently Asked Questions
This innovative program is the first of its kind in North America. The Clever Companion® Training Course prepares practitioners to work with their senior clients, to support and enhance their cognitive and mental abilities, using our Worlds Ahead ® Approach.
Today’s seniors are more independent and better educated than ever. Women especially have achieved career success and have held positions of authority like no generation before. The goal of the World’s Ahead approach is to train practitioners to activate and validate the wisdom and experience of these seniors to stay engaged as lifelong learners and healthy, contributing members of society.
The Clever Companion ® Course duration is two months.
Yes, the program modules are delivered online and there is structured online interaction with your instructor.
The Clever Companion ® Course is structured as follows:
- Module One: the Worlds Ahead Approach to Working With Seniors
- Module Two: the Wide Diversity Within the Senior population
- Module Three: the Latest Science on Cognitive Stimulation and Brain Health
- Module Four: Ethics and Professional Practice Issues
- Module Five: Effective Communication and Group Facilitation Skills
- Module Six: Resource Building and Session Planning
- Module Seven: Recruiting Clients and Building Your Own Practice
The tuition for the program is $997 Cdn
We reward graduates with a certificate upon successful completion of the two – month course.
Clever Companions ® will work with their clients one-on-one or in a group setting.
Continuous Intakes on the 1st of each month. Please apply below.
How To Get Started
Step 1: Online Application Form
Complete the online form that will take approximately 5-10 minutes to fill out. You will upload a copy of your CV (Curriculum Vitae), along with verification of competency in English (for those where English is not their original language). Your application will then be reviewed (we aim to get respond within 24 hours).
Step 2: Online Registration
If your application is approved, you will receive notification of your approval and the link to complete the online registration process.
At Integra College we are not only helping our students to create rewarding and meaningful careers, but changing cultural perceptions about wellness and vitality – to create a world filled with happy, healthy, and thriving people of all ages.